"Bible Chronology" (published in April, 1974). Part III - Bible Numerology
Every phone of the Hebrew and Greek alphabet has the numerical value: a = 1, b = 2, g = 3, d = 4 etc. (See the enclosed Hebrew and Greek alphabet with passed numerical values). Adding together the numerical value of phones (letters) in the word we receive the numerical value of the word.
Brother John Edgar, in article titled "Abraham’s Life History. An Allegory of the Divine Plan of the Ages" quotes from 'Hastings' Bible Dictionary, regarding the number of Abraham’s servants, as follows: "The number 318 is the equivalent of Eliezer, if the numerical values of the different letters of this name are added together: 1 + 30 + 10 + 70 + 7 + 200 = 318. It would be a strange coincidence if the number of Abraham’s ‘trained servants’ stood in such a relation to ‘Eliezer,’ the only name known to us of a trained servant of Abraham [Gen. 14:14]." (Look booklet "FAITH’S FOUNDATIONS," page 73).
Some letters of the Latin alphabet have the numerical value. In the Seventh Volume there is the comment to Rev. 13:18. There are passed the numerical values of letters on pope crown (tiara): "VICARIVS FILII DEI" (Vicar of the Son of God). Summing up of them gives in the result the number 666. Diaglott in Greek text of New Testament on the defining of the number 666 gives three Greek letters which the total value is 666 (Χ = 600, ξ = 60, ς = 6).
The foregoing examples are the plot to farther considerations over the text of Scripture in which God's wisdom is concealed. This wisdom, in the due time, can deliver food able to strengthen our faith. Before presenting compositions of Biblical numerology, we will pay the attention to some indications helpful to proper reading of the God's thinks contained in values numerical of the Scripture:
1. Hebrew has this propriety, that some of letters are pronouncing doubly, because, according to the Hebrew grammar they are accompanied with so-called "Dagesh forte," marked in the majority of the cases by point placed in the centre of the letter. From here, the Hebrew spelling contains the quantity of the letters written and the quantity of the letters pronounced. This instructs us that the proper thought contained in the text can be hidden in the quantity of the letters written or in the quantity of the letters pronounced.
2. We can not expect, that in all cases of the use of the numerology the proper number was achieved in the scale 1:1. You should rather understand, that in dependence from the size of the text taken to the consideration, the proper number can be showed in the scale reducing or enlarging the given number.
3. It was already observed that the proper number hides many a time in the numerical value of first letters of all words of the taken text. The number, reached in this way, represents the thought contained in the text. We will from here treat in the compositions equally numbers attained from first letters and the numbers attained from the full text.
4. So as the jointing of the various pictures or the sentences being in the Scripture gives the proper thought, similarly the jointing of the various numerical values representing the texts of the Scripture thematically akin, are also giving us the proper number.
5. In the Scripture are promises the guaranteeing proper understanding of the secrets of God. The numerical values of these valuable texts, used in the numeric compositions, they play the role of a "catalysts" (the catalyst is this the substance whose presence influences the course of the chemical reaction – lack of her makes her impossible), which are giving the proper direction of the thought and are the help to the achievement of the aim intentional by God, that is the proper understanding of God's Word.
6. If we observe the text taken from the Old Testament, we understand then without hint, that numerology relates to Hebrew, meanwhile, if we observe the text from the New Testament, then to the numerology was taken the word from the Greek.
7. Because the Scriptures Old and New Testament represent one the whole, therefore we will have the use in numeric compositions from the Hebrew and Greek text without no limitations.
8. So as in geometry, similarly this is in numerology, that we can meet the numbers which we should round off. In such cases, we will take note of the "intention" of the calculation, which gives the proper number in the approximation.
The Masoretic Text (TM) of the Old Testament, elaborated with great solicitude by the Jewish scholars, will be the basic text of the Scripture in Hebrew, from which we will take the numerical values. Meanwhile text of the New Testament elaborated correctly on the basis of the best manuscripts will be the basis to considerations over the numerical values of the Scripture in Greek.
The principal aim of the Bible numerology is to supply the documentary evidence of the Bible chronology, with special regard of the future dates 1977, 1980 (1981) and 1984. From the particular verse, Gen. 15:8, we received data, which have confirmed several already fulfilled dates after the year 1914 and also have showed the dates of the future. This verse was already widely commented when it was viewed from standpoint Bible chronology. Now let's look on it from standpoint its numerical value.
The sacrifice, which Abram had to offer consisted of following animals: (1) a heifer three years old, (2) a she-goat three years old, (3) a ram three years old, (4) a turtle-dove, (5) a young pigeon. The sum of the years of the age of these animals was 11 years, taking it, that each of two young birds was one year old:
heifer – 3 years
she-goat – 3 years
ram – 3 years
turtle-dove – 1 year
young pigeon – 1 year
in all 11 years
In some minds the doubt can is born, if you should give after the year on birds, since this is not clearly marked in the text. God foresaw apparently similar scruples and explains this matter through the numerical value of His instruction given to Abram.
This is numerical value of God's words in Hebrew, including to the sum the double value of letters, which we pronounce doubly, because there is Dagesh forte in them:
God underlines through the number "3949," that:
(1) Number "11" is indispensable to get the number 3960, which is the basis of farther chronological dates after year 1914:
3949 + 11 = 3960
(2) Using here of prophetic year of 360 days harmonizes with the intention of infinitely wise Creator.
11 x 360 = 3960
The year 1980 is the main date, which was derived from the chronology of Abraham life. This is the date of the uniting the Church with the Lord. Then Christ, Head and Body, will be united beyond the "second veil". Because our Lord, as the Head, is the representative of the whole, therefore this important date is showed in Him.
This is the numerical value of Greek words:
"As for Isaiah 54:1-8, the Apostle Paul has thrown the light of superhuman wisdom upon it, and has applied it to spiritual Zion, our mother or covenant, symbolized by Sarah. The fleshly seed of Abraham had been cast out from being heir of the promise, and the true seed, Christ (typified by Isaac and Rebecca), had been received as the only seed of promise. Gal. 4:22,24,26-31." (Volume III, page 297)
This is the numerical values of first letters of the verses of the Scriptures quoted below:
Eliezer, servant and Abraham representative, was chosen, that he could represent the Holy Spirit, of which the task was, to call in the Church and bring it ultimately to Christ.
"And Rebecca lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she alighted from the camel." (Gen. 24:64)
"Thus pictorially is represented the fact that the Church, when having experienced the change of the First Resurrection and having entered the presence of the Heavenly Bridegroom, will no longer need the guidance of the Holy Spirit, through the Scriptures [camels]." (Pastor Russell’s Sermons, "Divine Plan hidden in Abraham's Family," page 207).
The composition, above mentioned, proves that the marriage Christ with the Church is tantamount with the antitypical taking up of Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind.
Secret of the number "4687" can be understood with the help of Comforter (ho parakleetos – 686), which had to make the Church able to the understanding of future things (John 15:26; 16:13).
This "Son" is Christ, Head and Body (Gal. 3:16, 27, 29).
THE FIRST TYPE IN THE SCRIPTURE
ON JESUS UNITE WITH THE CHURCH
"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is great: but I speak in regard of Christ and of the church" (Eph. 5:31, 32).
We find out from the apostle Paul words, above mentioned, that Adam is the picture on Christ, and Eve is the picture on the Church (Ecclesia).
This is the numerical value of following words in the Hebrew of the Old Testament: "Adam son of God," and "Eve the mother of all living" (Luke 3:38; Gen. 3:20) with taking to count so-called "Dagesh forte" and Greek words with demonstrative pronouns : ho Christos, hee Ekkleesia (Eph. 5:24, 25).
The calculation, above mentioned, proves, that in year 1980 both the Lord and the Church "shall become one flesh."
"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him" (Gen. 5:24; Heb. 11:5); "To these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied" (Jud. 14).
This is numerical value of seven names, from Adam to Enoch, according to Diaglott and Greek Septuagint (Gen. 5:3, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21).
The calculation, above mentioned, shows that Enoch, on the similarity of Elijah taken "to the heaven," represents the exalted Church.
"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was priest of God Most High" (Gen. 14:18).
Melchisedek, king and priest in one person, is the picture of our Lord, and in Him of entire church, which, when glorified, will receive from God the authorization to the service in their royal and priestly office (Hebr. 7:1-17; Rev. 20:6).
"Yea, take [of them] silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest; and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Jehovah of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of Jehovah; even he shall build the temple of Jehovah; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne..." (Zech. 6:11-13)
The quotation, mentioned above, shows that the crowned high priest Joshua (hebr. Jehoszua = Joshua = Jesus) and "the Branch," which had to build the church of Lord, and had to attain the priestly and royal power, both are typifying the same person. This person, which combines in oneness the types of Melchizedek and Joshua is:
The composition, above mentioned, is striking, because the individuals included in it are ones-of-a-kind persons in the Scriptures holding offices priestly and royal and therefore they are representing the sole antitypical royal priesthood – The Lord and the Church.
Description of taking up of Elijah into the heaven by the whirlwind (2 Kings 2:11) possesses, after considering the Dagesh forte, the numerical value "3596" (see Lesson 5).
The number "3596" defines the quantity years, from "passing over" the first-born in Egypt (1615 B.C.), till to passing beyond the "second veil" of the last members of the Elijah class in the spring 1981.
1615 + 1981 = 3596
THE SIGN OF THE PROPHET JONAH
"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matt. 12:40).
This is the remark to the above mentioned verse in "Biblical Comments" to the Scripture:
"Typifying the last part of the fifth, all of the sixth, and the first part of the seventh thousand-year day in which the Body of Christ was in the prison-house of death."
The history of Jonah shows on our Lord's life offered for redemption of mankind, and also on his glorious resurrection. Our Lord's life, that was laid down, was a Ransom. The word "Lutron" is the principal word in Greek defining the Ransom. From it come the words "lutroo," "lutrosis" and "apolutrosis." The word "Lutron" together with the word "Anti" mean the satisfactory price (Matt. 20:28; Mark 10:45; 1 Tim. 2:6).
We will use in our considerations both the words: Lutron (Ransom) and Lutron Anti (Antilutron) meaning the Equivalent Price for the father of mankind, Adam. (look Volume V, pages 431-434)
EDICT OF CYRUS
Cyrus issued a edict according to the order of God given about 200 years earlier (Isa. 44:28). The word "Cyrus" means the "Sun." So Cyrus represents Christ, the Sun of Justice, which will build New Jeruzalem, true Church (Eph. 5:27; Rev. 21:9, 10).
The number "6108", shows the quantity years from Adam creation (4128 B.C.) till to the construction of the Church in heaven (1980 A.D.).
4128 + 1980 = 6108
Added by: Andrzej